I use to enjoy using Linux as end user as well as power user. In either way, I am a well-satisfied user. I have not come to this opinion in a day or two. It has been maturing for the last one and half a year. Now I am full-fledged Linux Home PC user. It is around 9 months before; I had tried most of the major and active Linux distributions. Nothing gave me the satisfaction of making my home PC, **Linux Only** system, so that I need not depend on MS-Windows for my homework. During this search (thirst indeed) I found Ubuntu. It seems to be okay kind of distribution initially. But after started using for more than 2 months, I came to know that I lost myself in this wonderfully designed operating system based on GNU/Linux. The major features I enjoy are,
1. Well-integrated applications available in one single CD along with OS.
2. Excellent Hardware detection
3. Stable applications and services
4. No unnecessary services running by default, which is a security risk as well as load on system.
5. Unique look and feel.
6. The wonderful, dead easy software update and installation tool, synaptic.
But, I don’t like Ubuntu 6.06. You know why? It is working in my HPnx6120 Laptop, as it should be in a system automatically. Whatever the issues I faced during beta version installation, have been fixed (Suspend and Hibernate works like anything!). I don’t get chance to tweak to make some thing working. 🙂 😦 🙂 😦